Inicio
InicioForoNormasRegístrese BuscarFAQConectarse
Publicar Nuevo Tema Responder al Tema Página 1 de 2
Ir a la Página 1, 2  Siguiente
ROMAN REPUBLICAN LEGIONARY Figure, 1st CENTURY BC [Descargar Tema]
Autor Mensaje

Responder Citando Descargar Mensaje
Mensaje ROMAN REPUBLICAN LEGIONARY Figure, 1st CENTURY BC 

Hola! This figure was made using the Ignite figure of the same name. I switched out the body and h/s for a Hot Toys one.

I'm strange about having exposed knee and elbow joints on my figures, so I used Liquid Latex on his arms and legs to cover them. This also allows me to give his arms (in this case) a bit bigger size, to represent larger forearms. The liquid latex allows me to still bend his arms and legs without any loss of movement, unlike rebuilding them from sculpey would. Besides I'm not that talented to sculpt legs and arms.

The rest of the stuff was all repainted or heavily weathered. H/S repainted with acrylics and pastels.

Thanks for looking and comments/criticisms always welcomed.

Ultima edición por kaisersozay el 26 Jul 2008 07:45; editado 1 vez

Desconectado Ver perfil del usuario Enviar Mensaje Privado

Mensaje Respuesta: ROMAN REPUBLICAN LEGIONARY Figure, 1st CENTURY BC 

Turned out great!  
Very nice job on the joints .
All the aparts are recognizeable but greatly improved, coming together in a wonderful miniature.
Very nice!
E

Desconectado Ver perfil del usuario Enviar Mensaje Privado Visitar sitio Web del Usuario MSN Messenger

Genial , parece de verdad

Muy buena. Es interesante la técnica del látex para tapar las articulaciones. Lo malo es que se transforma la figura (de acción) en una estatua. Le has sacado un partido enorme a las piezas de IGNITE.

Por cierto, la mano está impresionante. ¿es así o está modelada de alguna forma?

Tercio Duque de Alba 2º de La Legión. VªBLEG.MEC. 9ªCIA.

magnífica figura....el weathering,sobretodo del escudo y del casco ,es muy bueno...

Doug,you´ve repainted completely the shield or you just have weathered it??????....great work!!!!!!!       

mi página 1/6 en myspace: http://www.myspace.com/hertiger

Mensaje Re: Respuesta: ROMAN REPUBLICAN LEGIONARY Figure, 1st CENTUR 

naveargos wrote: [Ver Mensaje]
Muy buena. Es interesante la técnica del látex para tapar las articulaciones. Lo malo es que se transforma la figura (de acción) en una estatua. Le has sacado un partido enorme a las piezas de IGNITE.

Por cierto, la mano está impresionante. ¿es así o está modelada de alguna forma?

No my friend.  By using the liquid latex, the figure still can bend with no problems.  see here:

The latex is just a rubber type of covering, so the figure loses none of it's posability!

As for the hand, it's a Twisting Toyz hand, repainted.

And Oscar, all I did was heavily weather the shield...no repaint sir.  

Thanks guys!

¡JODE QUE PASOTE! no busques traducion de esto

Muy buen trabajo, es magnífica

Desconectado Ver perfil del usuario Enviar Mensaje Privado Visitar sitio Web del Usuario MSN Messenger

Incredible!! A grat work of  wathering and in the joints. How do you do it, painting the latex directly with a brush?

Mensaje Re: Respuesta: ROMAN REPUBLICAN LEGIONARY Figure, 1st CENTUR 

dviv wrote: [Ver Mensaje]
Incredible!! A grat work of  wathering and in the joints. How do you do it, painting the latex directly with a brush?

I pour a thin film of latex on to a sheet of plastic, in this case I used an inner cover from a Hot Toys figure.  The thickness is up to you.  Too thick and the wrapped leg would look very large, or muscular.  After it dries, (12 hrs) I measure the appropriate amount I need to cover the body part and cut it out to size.  Then I wrap it around the arm or leg and there is a small seam in the back of the leg or arm.  The latex sticks to itself, so there is no need to glue it and it can be removed easily.

There is probably a better method to do this, like making a mold of the body part you wish to cover with latex, but I haven't figures that out yet.  That way there would be no seam.  But this method works fine and it's quick and easy.

Here is a picture of the latex sheet:

Te ha quedado fenomenal  

Pero ¿dónde se encuentra ése látex en láminas? Yo tengo uno que parece cola blanca carpintera y, aunque no he probado a cubrir una articulación, no creo que valga para éso...

Tercio Duque de Alba 2º de La Legión. VªBLEG.MEC. 9ªCIA.

Mensaje Resposta: ROMAN REPUBLICAN LEGIONARY Figure, 1st CENTURY BC 

una técnica genial.... me encanta la última foto....

y me encanta el detalle del pañuelo y el pasafoulard !!!!!!  

Desconectado Ver perfil del usuario Enviar Mensaje Privado Visitar sitio Web del Usuario

Excellent figure!! me like much the hands , the HS and the helmet . An excellent custom work .
Congratulations Doug .

Visite Un Sexto Sentido
Desconectado Ver perfil del usuario Enviar Mensaje Privado Visitar sitio Web del Usuario

kaisersozay Escribió: [Ver Mensaje]
dviv Escribió: [Ver Mensaje]

I pour a thin film of latex on to a sheet of plastic, in this case I used an inner cover from a Hot Toys figure.  The thickness is up to you.  Too thick and the wrapped leg would look very large, or muscular.  After it dries, (12 hrs) I measure the appropriate amount I need to cover the body part and cut it out to size.  Then I wrap it around the arm or leg and there is a small seam in the back of the leg or arm.  The latex sticks to itself, so there is no need to glue it and it can be removed easily.

There is probably a better method to do this, like making a mold of the body part you wish to cover with latex, but I haven't figures that out yet.  That way there would be no seam.  But this method works fine and it's quick and easy.

Here is a picture of the latex sheet:

Thankyou

naveargos Escribió: [Ver Mensaje]
Pero ¿dónde se encuentra ése látex en láminas? Yo tengo uno que parece cola blanca carpintera y, aunque no he probado a cubrir una articulación, no creo que valga para éso...

Es el mísmo latex, lo tiñes de color carne y lo viertes (el grosor a ojo) en un molde rectangular, al secarse hace la lámina

Terrific figure, magnificiently modified and weathered...
 Can you show any photo where we can see the joint covered with latex and also the backside where the latex sticks to itself?
 you cover the whole extremity or only the joint?

Mostrar mensajes anteriores:
Publicar Nuevo Tema Responder al Tema  Página 1 de 2
Ir a la Página 1, 2  Siguiente

Usuarios navegando en este Tema: 0 Registrados, 0 Ocultos y 0 Invitados
Usuarios Registrados conectados: Ninguno